The State Duma Committee on International Affairs entrusted me to represent Russia at a meeting with young parliamentarians from Iraq in the framework of the International Forum of Public Diplomacy: “Iraq and Russia – Together into the Future.”
– We agreed with colleagues that young politicians will have to take the baton in ensuring peace on Earth and on their shoulders – responsibility for the future of our children.
– People’s diplomacy is a solid basis for cooperation between Russia and Iraq;
– the world is diverse, and therefore must be multipolar. Rough attempts to forcibly dominate the unipolar world in the person of the United States are unacceptable.
– discussed the development of student and cultural exchanges, as well as cooperation in the field of science, primarily medicine and agriculture;
– invited colleagues to my region, the Kirov region, to the Vyatka Agrarian and Technological University, our pride, where many foreign students are already studying, and also to study the experience of our agricultural enterprises. We have something to show (and we have something to buy & # x1f609;).
P.S. My colleagues from Iraq received from me the book “The Prison Diary” as a gift (some of them will have a better Russian language than mine), and for the rest, apparently, in the future it is worth thinking about translating the book into Arabic.